Go Direct® Sensor Cart
The Go Direct Sensor Cart features built-in, wireless sensors for one-dimensional dynamics and kinematics experiments. It directly connects wirelessly via Bluetooth® wireless technology to your platform.
With Go Direct Sensor Cart, students can explore force, position, velocity, and acceleration directly on their Bluetooth-enabled device—no wires or additional equipment required. Each cart features built-in sensors to simplify experiment setup and allow investigations to be conducted on or off the track.
Go Direct Sensor Cart can be used for hands-on kinematics and dynamics demonstrations but can also be used as an individual sensor. Hang a mass and spring from the force sensor to study simple harmonic motion, or attach the cart to a turntable to study centripetal acceleration.
Each full-featured dynamics cart includes
- Encoder wheel to report position
- 3-axis accelerometer to measure independent acceleration
- ±50 N force sensor to measure push and pulls
- Mass trays for changing total mass
- Plunger for collision and impulse studies
- Low friction wheels for uniform motion
The Go Direct Sensor Cart can be used in a variety of experiments:
- Collect position, velocity, and acceleration data as a cart rolls freely up and down an incline.
- Observe collisions between two carts, test for the conservation of momentum, or measure energy changes during different types of collisions.
- Investigate the relationship between force, mass, and acceleration.
- Examine the energies involved in simple harmonic motion.
- Measure a cart’s momentum change and compare it to the impulse it receives.
Go Direct Sensor Cart connects directly to your mobile device, Chromebook™, or computer using our free Graphical Analysis™ 4 app.
Go Direct Sensor Cart is also available as a part of the Dynamics Cart and Track System with Go Direct Sensor Cart.
- Position resolution: 0.25 mm, reported by default at 1 mm steps
- Force range: ±50 N
- Accelerometer range: ±160 m/s2
- Go Direct® Sensor Cart (Green or Yellow)
- Flat-top rubber bumper
- Anti-roll peg
- Empty tabs (4)
- Micro USB Cable
Go Direct® Sensor Cart Charge Station (GDX-CART-CRG)
Pulley Bracket (B-SPA)
Friction Pad DTS (DTS-PAD)
Go Direct® Sensor Cart Accessory Kit (GDX-CART-AK)
Eddy Current Brake (DTS-ECB)
User Manual: https://www.vernier.com/manuals/gdx-cart-g/
Warranty: 5-year limited warranty (1 year on battery)
Troubleshooting and FAQs: https://www.vernier.com/til/4131
Micro USB Cable (CB-USB-MICRO)
Go Direct® 650 mAh Replacement Battery (GDX-BAT-650)
|Dimensions||8 × 4 × 3.25 in|