Vernier Video Analysis: Conservation Laws and Forces
This e-book, Vernier Video Analysis: Conservation Laws and Forces explores mechanics topics beyond basic motion, such as conservation of energy and conservation of translational and angular momentum.
Vernier Video Analysis: Conservation Laws and Forces will be available Spring 2022
This e-book, Vernier Video Analysis: Conservation Laws and Forces features 12 investigations using the Vernier Video Analysis® app. It builds on basic concepts of motion and applies them to various sports (e.g., curling and weight lifting) and interactions between objects such as a physical pendulum and a cart. Real-world examples help students connect physics concepts to their lives, increasing engagement and knowledge retention.
Student materials are provided in two levels of scaffolding: Guided and Abridged. The Guided materials provide step-by-step instructions for navigating the software and work well for students who have not used Vernier Video Analysis. The Abridged materials are appropriate for students who are familiar with the features of the software.
- Twelve investigations
- Instructor guide with troubleshooting tips and answers to questions
- Student instructions
- A generous site license—buy one e-book and duplicate the investigations for your class
- Energy of a Bouncing Ball
- Introduction to Weight Lifting
- Loop the Loop
- Analysis of Jumping
- Energy in Simple Harmonic Motion
- Pendulum to Projectile
- Collision: Angular to Linear
- Angular Momentum and Energy
- Conservation of Momentum in Curling
- Coulomb’s Law
- Water Flow from a Tank: Stream Narrowing
- Water Flow from a Tank: Parabolic Trajectory