This product has been replaced by the Go Direct® Visible Spectrophotometer
Powered by Ocean Optics™ technology, the Vernier Spectrometer is a portable VIS-NIR spectrometer which connects directly to your computer with a standard USB cable. It is a fully functioning spectrophotometer that gives precise measurements instantly over a range of 380–950 nm.
Out of stock
Powered by Ocean Optics™
The Vernier Spectrometer, powered by Ocean Optics™ technology, connects directly to your computer with a standard USB cable. It is a fully functioning visible light spectrophotometer giving precise measurements instantly over a range of 380–950 nm.
A Full Spectrum of Uses
- Measure the absorbance spectrum of an aqueous sample.
- Conduct Beer’s law experiments at one or more wavelengths simultaneously.
- Conduct kinetic studies of absorbance versus time at one or more wavelengths.
- Conduct equilibrium studies of absorbance versus time and/or absorbance versus concentration.
- Conduct emission spectrum analysis with the fiber optic assembly.
- The Vernier Spectrometer is a truly portable device, measuring 10 cm x 9 cm x 3 cm.
- One-step calibration of the full spectrum saves precious lab time.
- A complete visible light spectrum, 380–950 nm, is collected in a fraction of a second.
- The open cuvette holder allows for access to the sample during testing.
- Other Vernier sensors can be used simultaneously with the Vernier Spectrometer, expanding your students’ opportunities to pursue a variety of research projects.
- The Vernier Spectrometer draws its power from your computer, eliminating the need for an additional power source.
- Works with many Ocean Optics accessories.
Optical Fiber Accessories
Use the optical fiber assemblies to conduct emission spectrum studies. The Vernier Optical Fiber consistently deliver uniform results with minimal signal variance. It connects easily to a Vernier Spectrometer or a Red Tide Ocean Optics Spectrometer. The fiber is 1 m in length.
Dimensions: 10 cm × 8.7 cm × 3 cm (includes cuvette holder/light source)
Power: from computer via USB cable
Wavelength Range: 380 nm–950 nm
Optical Resolution: 3.0 nm (as determined with 656 nm hydrogen emission spectral line FWHM) and 3.0 nm (as determined with 486 nm hydrogen emission spectral line FWHM)
Wavelength Accuracy: 2.0 nm
Photometric Accuracy: ± 5.0% (as determined with nickel sulfate standards between 0.1 – 1.0 A.U.)
Spectrometer with light source/cuvette holder
(1) Package of 15 plastic cuvettes and lids
(1) USB cable
Cuvette Rack (CUV-RACK)
Plastic Cuvettes (Visible Range) (CUV)
Vernier Emissions Fiber (VSP-EM-FIBER)
LabPro USB Cable (CB-USB)