The Light Sensor approximates the human eye in spectral response. Use it for inverse square law experiments or for studying polarizers, reflectivity, or solar energy.
The Light Sensor can be used for measurements of light intensity in a variety of situations.
- Perform inverse square light intensity experiments using a point source of light
- Conduct polarized filter studies
- Demonstrate the flicker of fluorescent lamps and other lamps
- Carry out solar energy studies
- Perform reflectivity studies
- Study light intensity in various parts of a house or school
- Use it as part of a study of plant growth to measure light intensity
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals, including antimony, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, see www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Resolution0–600 lux: 0.2 lux
0–6,000 lux: 2 lux
0–150,000 lux: 50 lux
Wavelengths: 400–800 nm
Vernier Light Sensor